Linking Education to Tomorrow's Careers
Exciting things are happening at the CHS Career Complex!
- Career and Technical Education encompasses 94% of high school students and 12 million postsecondary students.
- CTE includes high schools, career centers, community and technical colleges, four-year universities and more.
- CTE integrates with academics in a rigorous and relevant curriculum
- CTE fulfills employer needs in high skill, high-wage, high-demand areas
- CTE prepares students to be college- and career-ready by providing core academic skills, employability skills, and technical, job-specific skills.
Our students in the news...
Two Digital Media Technology 1 students placed in the National Career Development Month Poetry and Poster Competition in the Poster C2, Senior (Grades 9-12) Division. Ruby Lanford won 2nd Place and Julia Jordan won 3rd. We have placed in Mississippi Counseling Association's state competition consecutively for many years but this is our first year receiving national awards. Their work will be displayed at the National Career Development Association's Global Conference in Phoenix, AZ this summer, and on the organization's website. Congratulations Ruby and Julia and Ms. Lanyuy!
The CHS Career Complex is excited to begin offering the Project Lead the Way Engineering courses in the fall of 2015. Designed for high school students, PLTW Engineering is more than just another high school engineering program. It is about applying engineering, science, math, and technology to solve complex, open-ended problems in a real-world context. PLTW Engineering students investigate numerous topics giving them an opportunity to learn about various engineering disciplines before beginning post-secondary education or careers.
Issues or questions about bullying? See P. 19 in the CHS STUDENT HANDBOOK on information and how to report bullying.