Linking Education to Tomorrow's Careers
Exciting things are happening at the CHS Career Complex. Take a peek
inside the Career Complex and learn about our career and technical programs,
and learn what's on the horizon for 2015 and 2016:
Celebrating National CTE Month
- Career and Technical Education encompasses 94% o high school students and 12 million postsecondary students.
- CTE includes high schools, career centers, community and technical colleges, four-year universities and more.
- CTE integrates with academics in a rigorous and relevant curriculum
- CTE fulfills employer needs in high skill, high-wage, high-demand areas
- CTE prepares students to be college- and career-ready by providing core academic skills, employability skills, and technical, job-specific skills.
Congratulations to Ms. Little on being the CHS Career Complex Teacher of the Month for January!
The CHS Career Complex is excited to begin offering the
Project Lead the Way Engineering courses in the fall of
2015. Designed for high school students, PLTW
Engineering is more than just another high school engineering program. It is
about applying engineering, science, math, and technology to solve complex,
open-ended problems in a real-world context. PLTW Engineering students
investigate numerous topics giving them an opportunity to learn about various
engineering disciplines before beginning post-secondary education or